Friday, June 21, 2013

Not A Match

We found out yesterday afternoon - birth mom did choose another family.  We will continue to wait for the child that is meant to be ours.  Thanks everyone for your kind words, your prayers and your support.


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ring Phone, Ring!

I know some of you have been just as eager as we have for an update on Monday's post, so here's the quick and dirty version... 

Tuesday was a rough day for me, because I was hoping to get a phone call from our agency.  No phone call at this point has meant that the birth mom picked another family, and we'll get an e-mail in a few days to confirm that.  I prayed that she just needed more time to decide (I probably would if I were in her position), but expected the worst.  We never heard from the agency on Tuesday.  As hard as I tried not to get my hopes up, I went to bed disappointed.

Yesterday morning I got up and checked Nate's e-mail like I have been doing every morning for the past few months.  There was the e-mail from our agency.  My heart sank... until I opened it.  Birth mom has not chosen a family yet and needs more time to review profiles.  The plan is to make a decision by today.  I'm still trying not to get my hopes up, and my original giddyness has definitely subsided, but I sort of take this as a sign that we could still have a chance.  If we were a definite "no" it seems like we would have been told.  Hopefully we will know something sometime today.  Waiting for the phone to ring!

I'm still sending up BIG prayers for birth mom.  I have been nervous to the point of feeling sick for the past two days.  I need to let my anxiety go because I know the Lord has a plan for this woman and her child just as he has a plan for us.

Thanks to everyone who has had us in their prayers and in their hearts the past few days.  Thank you so much for having us on your minds! 


Monday, June 17, 2013

BIG Prayers

I wouldn’t normally ask, but I don’t know what else to do in this moment.  So, if you have it in you please say a prayer for our adoption process.  We received a situation today that I think has tremendous potential to be our match.  I won’t provide the specifics, but my insides started jumping for joy as I read the words of that e-mail today.  At the same time, my heart breaks for the expectant mother and what she is going through.  We should find out tomorrow night if she decides to meet us.
I pray that the Lord’s will be done and that He protect our hearts and minds in this time of excitement and uncertainty.  I pray that He be with this expectant mother in her time of need and heartache.  I pray that she feels our encouragement and support in making her decision, even if we don’t end up being part of that decision.
Here’s to hoping…