Saturday, November 23, 2013

First Award!

Until Forever... has been nominated for it's first blog award!  I'm so grateful for my fellow bloggers who nominated us for the Sunshine Award.  Amazingly, we were nominated by three wonderful women and I've been trying to decide how to respond to multiple nominations!

What I've decided is that I will answer the interview questions from the first person who nominated us - that would be Kristen at Adoption Love.  Thanks so much, Kristen!

I've also decided that since most of the lovely ladies I want to nominate have already received awards, I'm not going to post questions for them to answer.  I will, however list all of my favorite sunshiny blogs!  All of these ladies deserve to be recognized, and to know how much I enjoy keeping up with their stories.


The (official) rules for the sunshine award (which I am breaking):
-proudly post your new award
-answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
-nominate 11 wonderful bloggers
-write 11 questions for them to answer
-let your nominees know that you have nominated them

Kristen's questions for us:

1. What is the best advice you've ever gotten?
We have gotten so much advice lately.  It's not surprising, considering we are about to become first time parents through our first adoption.  I welcome all advice, but sometimes it can be overwhelming!  Don't deny it, if you've been in our shoes you know what I'm talking about.  I would say that the best advice I've received is to just enjoy becoming a parent.
  
2. What is your first childhood memory?
When I was 2 years old my family moved from our first to our second home.  I remember being really upset in the car because I forgot my toy helicopter in the sand box.  My parents couldn't imagine how I would remember that I left it behind, but the turned the car around due to my hysterics.  Turns out, I was right - the toy was right where I said it would be!

3. If you could choose another time in history to live, when would it be?
This one's a draw for me!  For some reason I can picture myself as a 1960's housewife, although I don't have any of the qualities those ladies seemed come by naturally!  I also think I would have loved living in Elizabethan England.  I love any and all literature centered around that time period.

4. What's the latest book you read and what was it about?
I'm currently reading the last book, Allegiant in the Divergent series.  It's a series of three young-adult dystopian/science fiction books by Veronica Roth.  It takes place in dystopian Chicago in a society made up of five factions.  Members of each faction dedicate themselves to the cultivation of a particular virtue.

5. How did you meet your significant other?
Nate and I met online on some free dating website.  We started chatting on AOL instant messenger (which cracks me up) for a few months and then decided to start talking on the phone.  When we decided to meet in person, he and a few of his friends met with me and some of my friends at our apartment.  We hit it off right away, and the rest is history... since I can't come up with something more creative to end this story. 

6. What's the best way to get on your good side?
Nominate our blog for an award!... just kidding.  I would say just be nice and genuine.  I don't connect well with people who are judgmental, insincere or dishonest.

7. What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Go out for breakfast!  I love having breakfast at restaurants.

8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Hmm... this is a tough one for me.  I haven't really traveled much in my life.  I've been to London, England and I've also been to Cancun, Mexico.  I loved them both and hope to be able to return to each eventually.  Nate and I usually make an annual trip to Hocking Hills, and I'm never ready to come home from that peaceful place.  For some reason though, I've always thought that I would love to live in Tennessee.  I've never actually been there, but I think the weather would be perfect!  It seems like you'd still get variations in the seasons, but probably not as much snow as we get in Ohio (and definitely not as much as I grew up with in Michigan).

9. What has been your favorite "adoption moment" so far?
This one is tough, too!  I have honestly enjoyed the adoption process overall, and I'm hesitant to name a favorite moment when we have so many more exciting moments still to come.  If I had to chose one moment above all others, I guess I would say this - after The Call and The (much anticipated) Meeting we received a call from the birth mother counselor we are now working with.  She was calling to tell us that we were officially matched!  While that call definitely tops my list of favorite moments, the text message I received from J afterward is probably number one...  It contained a photo of her most recent ultrasound (she was bummed that she forgot to bring it with her to the meeting) and the words "I know I've chosen the right parents for this baby.  I'm so excited!"  Her message gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

10. What would your family pet say to you if they could talk?
We have two cats, Ari and Ozzie, and they are pretty talkative (they meow at us a lot, I mean) and energetic.  If they could talk, they would probably say things like "c'mon, downstairs, it's breakfast time!," and "can opener?  tuna!," or "bathroom time!" since we absolutely can't be in the bathroom without one of them in there with us.  I don't get it.

11. What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?
African or European? 


Thanks again, Kristen!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for nominating me one of your favourites! ;)

    ReplyDelete