Friday, November 1, 2013

Five for Friday


Happy November, everyone! Here are my High Five for Friday:

1)      It’s November, which means its National Adoption Month! I have a few blog posts and Facebook status updates planned for the next few weeks in an effort to do my part to raise awareness about adoption. I’ve been looking forward to this for quite some time now!



2)      It has been an adoption and new baby filled week for us! I learned a few weeks ago that a co-worker of mine and his wife are also pursuing adoption. They have been on the foster-to-adopt path, and are considering moving to straight adoption instead. They wanted to meet to share our experiences, and hear any advice we had to offer. I never hesitate to accept an invitation like this!

3)      Friends of ours just brought their twins home from the hospital, and we were able to go over and meet them this week! Their boys are so adorable, and it was so sweet being able to cuddle them a little.

4)      Yesterday we made another trip down to see J! It was just a routine checkup, but as I’ve mentioned before we love having the opportunity to see her whenever we can. We ended up going to Applebee’s for dinner afterward, and she was able to have her favorite dessert – a blondie, which looked really delicious! The doctor had no concerns yesterday, and we’ll get to go back down in another three weeks.

5)      Our oldest niece turned 4 yesterday. I can’t believe it! Hopefully tonight I’ll be able to come up with a birthday shirt for her, using my embroidery machine. I can’t wait to celebrate with her on Sunday!

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment