Friday, November 15, 2013

Five on Friday Link-up!


I'm linking up with Darci over at the Good Life Blog for another Five on Friday!

1) We had our first of three baby showers a week ago today.  It's totally surreal that this is happening, and I can't get my head around the fact that it's real!  While I feel like we have a great and growing relationship with J, it's hard to imagine that we are preparing our hearts and home for a baby.  I don't have any photos of the shower to post (they are on my sister's phone), but I think I'll do one big baby shower post after we have the one with my co-workers and the one with my family in Michigan.  I do have a photo of our house the next day, while we started putting items together...


2) I ordered and received our Christmas cards for this year!  For the past two years I've ordered from Simply to Impress, and I've actually been really impressed (pun noted).  This year they sent me an offer of 10 free cards as a thank you for my loyalty.  On top of that I was able to take advantage of their site-wide 20% discount.  I ended up saving $35.00 on our cards!  Plus, you can't help but love this adorable packaging:



3) I discovered Burlington this week!  I've checked out their site in the past and have seen their commercials, but I've never really found anything that sparked my interest.  Earlier this week though, Nate found the car seat we were registered for, on Burlington's website and it was significantly discounted!  We were able to save $130 by settling for a different (but totally acceptable) color.  Deal!  I ran up to the store on my lunch break, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I wish I would have had more time to browse and compare prices on some other items I've been wanting to get.  An adventure for another day!


4) I also discovered Good Greens bars this week!  I am sold!  I have this thing with textures affecting my like or dislike of certain foods.  Unfortunately, most fruits and vegetables have textures I can't get past.  My go-tos are apples and raw carrots - sweet and crunchy.  Sometimes I can handle bananas.  I've been trying to force myself to try more things lately, and I'm happy to say that I've been able to add broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach and cooked carrots to my OK with list.  However, I still don't eat as many fruits and vegetables as I should.  When I saw the words "100% of your daily fruits and vegetables" on the Good Greens bars package, I was instantly interested.  I tried pumpkin spice, chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chunk this week, and I was really impressed.  I definitely recommend giving these a try!



5) We have had a couple of extra special birthdays lately.  Our oldest niece turned 4 on Halloween (ok, I'm a little late with this one) and our youngest niece turns 1 on the 27th.  I was able to make some special shirts for the girls to wear on their big days.  I'm really happy with how they turned out:


BONUS - Don't forget about our first-ever giveaway!  Drawing will be on 11/29.

6 comments:

  1. Loveee Burlington. Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx... I'm a fan! Happy to be your newest follower!

    TatteredToTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and wanted to say congrats on your match! Our birth mother is also due in January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Kristin! It's surreal, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Just a little blogging fun :) http://rhondassweetdreams.blogspot.ca/2013/11/sunshine-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. :) http://chroniclesofanadoption.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete