Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Web Browsing Wednesday

Throughout the week I read and see so many great posts all over the Web.  I thought it would be fun to start a weekly post of my own, which features my favorite posts from everyone else.  Web Browsing Wednesday, I'll call it.  Starting now!

Here are my favorite finds for this week:

http://adoption.com/lemons-into-lemonade

"There is a lot of wisdom in that old quote all of our mothers used to tell us over and over again when we were little. “If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” To most birth mothers, myself included, getting pregnant was definitely a lemon. After that, we have two choices: We can give in to the shame, guilt, and sourness of the situation, or we can see our mistake as what it was–a crossroads and opportunity to grow–and face it head-on with optimism and hope."


Why You Won't Be Seeing Baby Pictures at the OB

The reason is different than I expected, but I'm wondering what others think of this.  For me, the OB was one of the worst places to go during our fertility struggles.  Everybody expecting or just recently welcoming their little bundles, while I sat in there waiting to learn why there would be no baby for us.  The last thing I wanted to see was photos of newborns and happy families.  Of course, this was before our adoption journey and the arrival of Miss K. 


An innovative new website—Instant Checkmate is now revealing the full “scoop” on millions of Americans. - See more at: http://www.instantcheckmate.com/pr?src=AOL&mdm=DISPLAY&cmp=AOL&cnt=CAFEGIRL&affid=11&campid=358&sid=AOL&s1=CAFEGIRL&lp=pr#sthash.qzJc4DVS.dpuf

An innovative new website—Instant Checkmate is now revealing the full “scoop” on millions of Americans.

I did a search on myself, and sure enough my info is there.  What about yours?

This drives me crazy!  Where do "they" get this information, and why isn't there a way to say that you don't want it "out there?"  This is not the only site where I've found my personal information listed, but it still bothers me.  A lot.  Of course, you have to create an account and pay a fee to get the full report.  But, the free information that they show to entice you is still annoying.

http://www.adoption.net/adoptive-parents/node/26161

"Our kids have two families. As much as people like to try and “forget” that, it’s a fact. Our kids are allowed to know them, see them, and love them. At the end of the day, my husband and I are still Mom and Dad. We will always be Mom and Dad to our kids, but our kids have every right to know where they came from."

And with that, I'll conclude my first Web Browsing Wednesday!

What are some of your favorites from around the Web this week?  I'd love to check them out, so comment below!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment