Thursday, August 21, 2014

Web Browsing Wednesday

So sorry for the delay on our second Web Browsing Wednesday!  I'm having some technical difficulties with this post...  If anyone can tell me what's up with the random piece of code hanging out in the left margin, that would be great!  Anyway... here's our post for yesterday.  Enjoy!

There have been a lot of awesome finds on the Web this week!  Here are some of my favorites...

http://www.adoption.net/adoptive-parents/node/26029

"I change diapers, give baths, wash laundry, kiss boo boos, soothe fears, break up arguments, prepare meals, clean up after meals, encourage, cheer, answer hundreds of questions, chaufeer, participate in dance parties, wipe noses, offer hugs, snap photos, answer more questions, remind, compliment, read, tickle, repeat the same phrases over and over, sigh, sing, cuddle. Every day. All day."

http://adoption.com/personal-growth-open-adoption/

"We weathered ups and downs, miscommunications, and misunderstandings. I fumbled these tougher interactions, fretting for countless hours that one wrong “move” on my part would ruin my son’s chances of having a valuable open adoption relationship. Through these times, I became stronger, and our relationships became stronger."

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2014/08/12/daphne-oz-daughter-philomena-name-motherhood-hard-the-bump/?cm_mmc=facebook_-august14-_-celebrity-_-none

Daphne Oz: Motherhood Is ‘So Much Harder Than I Imagined’ 

“I think the biggest change and challenge for me was coming to terms with the fact that being a good mom is not something you can read up on or learn from a distance,” she says. “You have to jump in headfirst and get your hands dirty.”

Birth Mother Stories from the 1960's, 1980's, 2000's

How far has adoption come in 50 years?  How far do we still have to go?  Here are 3 birth mother stories from the 1960's, 1980's and 2000's.

Nate and I have learned and continue to learn so much by listening to stories from birth moms we've met throughout our journey.  It's amazing to hear how much adoption (and social implications surrounding adoption) has changed over the years.

http://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/2014/8/10/a-letter-to-my-pre-mom-self

A letter to my pre-mom self

"Your whole life will be different. Every single day you will wake up with the responsibility of loving a child beyond measure. It will affect every decision you make, every thought you have, every fiber of your very existence. You will slowly learn to let go of control and expectations, a process you will practice every day for the rest of your life as a parent. You will start to see the world as a mom—you will see love and God and humanity through new eyes that will change you and mold you and make you more aware of how small you are and how big God is."

What are some of your favorites this week?  Any thoughts on the ones I posted?  Please comment below!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment