Friday, September 5, 2014

Bravelets for Conquering Infertility

Heads up.  I'm going to post about a fundraiser.

I'm only giving a warning because I know that fundraising in adoption is a bit of a hot topic.

Fundraising for infertility is in the same boat, I'm sure.  Personally, I've never heard about it before now.  But, someone very close to me is involved in infertility fundraising and I wanted to help this person out!

My loved one has partnered with Bravelets to raise funds to help cover the cost of infertility treatments.


According to the Bravelets Website:
"Bravelets™ is not a non-profit organization. We are a for-profit company with giving at our core. We believe in transparency. We believe in making a difference. We don’t believe in the phrase “a portion of proceeds will be donated….” What does that mean? Is a portion $.01? Is a portion 1%? That kind of giving is confusing and un-fulfilling to the purchaser. We want you to feel good about your purchase. We want you to know, when you look down at your wrist, that $10 was donated to your cause. We want you to know that you helped make a difference."
In my opinion, fundraising to afford unique family building options should be left up to the growing family.  If you're comfortable participating in a fundraiser, then go for it!  And if you have the ability, participate in fundraisers for other families too.  If not, then don't.  But leave it at that.  No need to express your opinion about something that probably already received plenty of thought in the decision making process.

If you don't agree with family building fundraising, feel free to skip over this post.

But, if you're willing and able to support a couple in need of assistance in building their family, then visit this page.  $10 of each purchase made will help my loved on on their way to growing a family!

signature

1 comment:

  1. LOL yes just a little itty bit of a hot topic! I wish the best of luck to your friend

    ReplyDelete