Sunday, January 17, 2016

Then and Now

Where does the time go?  I mean, really.  Where does it go?

I absolutely hate that I have let the blog go this long without even a single word.  It’s not that it hasn’t been on my mind.  Not at all. 

There are so many reasons and excuses I could give for why our page has been totally silent, but I will spare you.  Instead, I’ll fill you all in on where we are now.  There have been some pretty exciting changes around here! 

Including the fact that we now have a TWO year old!


You may (or may not) remember my excitement over becoming a stay-at-home-mom when K was first born.  It really was a blessing, and I would never wish away that time.  However, it was a big adjustment for me, as well.  An adjustment I really didn’t handle that well, if I’m being honest.  I felt very lonely over that first year, and had very little motivation. 

Friends

The first thing I found to remedy these issues was an Early Childhood PTA in our area!  There are so many fun activities planned with and for the kids in our group (even a few mom’s nights out!), and we have made a bunch of new friends!  Miss K has become so social over the last year (plus), and I am so glad to have found a support system within the group!  If you’re a mom with young kids, definitely look in your area to see what groups are out there!  Our group has been a life saver for us!

Work

Through the PTA I met and befriended a gal who very successfully runs her own business from home (you know who you are), and she motivated me to do the same! I don’t think this is the first mention of my Thirty-One business on our page, but it was VERY new to me at the time of my last post.  I’m excited to say that I’ve found my groove, and am loving my business!  The company is so supportive and positive, plus I have all the resources I could ever imagine.  BUT, I get to work the business on my time!  It’s fantastic.  And fun! 

In fact, I love it so much that I’m testing the waters with another home based business – It Works!  It’s so new that I’m still a little protective.  So… we’ll see how it goes!

And if that wasn’t enough for you (or me, or us), I’m thrilled to say that I am now back to work!  Part time.  I’m working as a hospital receptionist and I LOVE it!  The new schedule and responsibilities have taken even more adjusting, but I think we’re getting there (I actually just celebrated my first year anniversary).  I still get to have all sorts of fun with K during the day (we love to dance our behinds off at Jazzercise, have play-dates with our friends, go swimming, watch movies, color, read and take classes at the YMCA), and Nate is home on time to be with her on the nights I work.

Family (it’s growing!)

Aside from staying busy with work and fun activities with K, we have been trying to keep up with our families, too!  All of the kids are growing so fast, and it’s so fun to watch their interests and talents grow and change.  I’m so happy to know that K will have these kids in her life as she grows!  I hope they stay close, like cousins should!


My sister and her husband welcomed TWO new bundles of joy – TWINS – and I am such a proud auntie!  Miss K can’t get enough of the babies, and even though they live far away we Facetime with them whenever we can.  When we do visit, K is such a good helper (unless she needs some of her own attention, of course).  She’ll pick up binkies and toys to help keep the babies entertained.  She’s going to be such a good big sister…


Speaking of which!


We received a surprise telephone call over the summer, and learned that K’s birth mom, J is expecting again!  She has asked us to grow our family once more by adopting K’s baby sister who is due to arrive in the next few weeks!  I would never dream that things would work out this way, but it has truly been a blessing!  Once again, we have been invited to attend pre-natal doctor appointments and plan to be in the delivery room when the baby is born!  We have stayed in touch with her since K was born, as you know, so it just feels natural!  This is the beauty of open adoption, my friends!


We couldn’t be happier!!

To prepare for the new baby, Miss K’s bedroom got a makeover!  Oh how she love that Tinkerbell (for now)!


This post can’t possibly update you on everything that has happened since my last post, but I hope it gives you a little taste.  I really do hope to get back in the habit and rhythm of regular updates.  I’ve said that before, so… no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment